I am 17, divorce, father neglecting? Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPSRuo

Hey,

I live in Florida. I am 17 years old. My mom just arrived back from Brazil for the divorce. She hired a lawyer which, by law, my father will have to pay for when this is all over.

2 weeks ago I got in a fight with my father. He betrayed me in a personal matter and we have not spoken since. His strategy is to deplete my mom's funds. He has teamed up with my older brother in order to deplete her funds.

I work 2 jobs and I'm helping to keep us on our two feet. With the money I make I'm able to support us in terms of food and necessities but something has to be done.

He has sent us NO money for food or anything. My mom's lawyer just sent another bill for $1600 and that'll be the last of her funds if she pays. That means it'll be completely up to me to support us. She's working a job as well but its minimum wage.

Can I contact the authorities or anything par-emergency to force funds from him? Today I've become desperate and reached in his bank account forcefully and withdrew $600, but that'll take up to a week and can be reversed.

Any advice is appreciated.
-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back