divorce, bad advice and bad choices left me
with huge child support arrearages. Being
unemployable with a permanent disability
and no money, I will never be able to pay off
this escalating debt along with the accruing
interest and fees. The agreed order - to take $100
per month from Social Security Administration
Retirement, Survivors and Disability

The prognosis for my condition is bleak.
I urgently need a passport, not to jet set around
the world, but to live what's left of my life, in
another country with the hope, support and
care of loved ones who live there. But the state
department is very clear on child support. No
passport if child support is not paid up. There
are no exceptions to the law.

There must be something that can be done.
Please help. G-d bless you.

Hi writeman47,

Sorry to here of your situation but you have answered your own question here.
Your Quote: The state
department is very clear on child support. No
passport if child support is not paid up. There
are no exceptions to the law.

You see it there to protect the children and their upbringing.

Good Luck

The Long Arm Of The Law !!!

Dear friend, I can deeply understand your problems for my uncle was in the same situation. Somehow, someway and pretty much everyday new laws go into effect that really don{t make much sense. This is one of these laws.

The non payment of child support has tried to take away other rights and privaleges like the infamous suspension of a state issued drivers license, garnishment of wages, and even arrests.

But thats what you get when you live in a police state. Big brother makes it harder for you to do anything at all.

Well lets get to the good part. My uncle who had the same problem that you have wanted to travel to the Dominican Republic. We were told that he could not get a passport due to the unpaid childsupport. It was a big blow to him so I decided to get involved.

I had him file for a Certificate of Citizenship from INS. I thinks it costs around $250 dollars. With that certificate we was able to use it as a passport to travel several times back and forth to the U.S.

Anyways, once he was in the Dominican Republic we went to the embassy and requested a new passport and WaLA, he got it. We even told them the reason that he did not have a passport and they still gave it to him.

My advice is
1. Figure out which country do you want to reside in.(Some countries like Mexico all you need is your drivers license to cross the border.)
2. Request your Certificate of citizenship
3. Once you get to that country, apply for residency. That way you can have a passport from another country.
4. Find a country where the declining dollar goes a long way. That way you can hire good professional care at a minimul cost.

GOOD LUCK FRIEND

P.S. Due to all these unfair changes especially after 911, I dont live in the United States any longer. I finally woke up...

Dear friend, I can deeply understand your problems for my uncle was in the same situation. Somehow, someway and pretty much everyday new laws go into effect that really don{t make much sense. This is one of these laws.

The non payment of child support has tried to take away other rights and privaleges like the infamous suspension of a state issued drivers license, garnishment of wages, and even arrests.

But thats what you get when you live in a police state. Big brother makes it harder for you to do anything at all.

Well lets get to the good part. My uncle who had the same problem that you have wanted to travel to the Dominican Republic. We were told that he could not get a passport due to the unpaid childsupport. It was a big blow to him so I decided to get involved.

I had him file for a Certificate of Citizenship from INS. I thinks it costs around $250 dollars. With that certificate we was able to use it as a passport to travel several times back and forth to the U.S.

Anyways, once he was in the Dominican Republic we went to the embassy and requested a new passport and WaLA, he got it. We even told them the reason that he did not have a passport and they still gave it to him.

My advice is
1. Figure out which country do you want to reside in.(Some countries like Mexico all you need is your drivers license to cross the border.)
2. Request your Certificate of citizenship
3. Once you get to that country, apply for residency. That way you can have a passport from another country.
4. Find a country where the declining dollar goes a long way. That way you can hire good professional care at a minimul cost.

GOOD LUCK FRIEND

P.S. Due to all these unfair changes especially after 911, I dont live in the United States any longer. I finally woke up...
Almost two months after the fact . . . look at the dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back