Hud housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinAnnHassett

After renting a room from a man who was on low income housing which is HUD. I moved in and he informed me he was not interested in living with me because he wanted sexual favors. Before I could move out he took my rent and locked me out. I only had a key to the bottom lock not the top lock which was a deadbolt. I informed the property manager that he had done so and had all my belongings. She told me there was nothing she could do. I called the non-emergency police line numerous times and could not get through after 3 to 4 hours each time. So I had to go spend money on a hotel to figure out what to do. Needless to say took me 2 weeks to get my belongings and he kept my whole month's rent. I called owners of the building and inform them of what had been done. Shortly after that I received a phone call from their attorney asking me to testify against this man. All I'm asking from them is to get me a place to live and thet offered me 1,000. I don't think that's too much to ask since there property manger ignored me. I think they could be in lots of trouble with HUD housing since the property manager knew I was living there and I was not approved and it was against the rules. If they don' offer me what I' asking can I take them to court

After renting a room from a man who was on low income housing which is HUD. I moved in and he informed me he was not interested in living with me because he wanted sexual favors. Before I could move out he took my rent and locked me out. I only had a key to the bottom lock not the top lock which was a deadbolt. I informed the property manager that he had done so and had all my belongings. She told me there was nothing she could do. I called the non-emergency police line numerous times and could not get through after 3 to 4 hours each time. Im on SSI a fixed income and I had to go spend money on a hotel to figure out what to do. Needless to say it took me 2 weeks to get my belongings and he kept my whole month's rent and all the food I bought. I called business owners of the building and inform them of what had been done. Shortly after that I received a phone call from their attorney asking me to testify against this man. All I'm asking from them is to get me a place to live and zi can pay them rent. I don't think that's too much to ask since there property manger ignored me. I think they could be in lots of trouble with HUD housing since the property manager knew I was living there and I was not approved and it was against the rules. If they don' offer me what I' asking can I take them to court and is thete any legal help I can get since I am. Low income. Leagal aid could not help.

If they don' offer me what I' asking can I take them to court

For other potential responders the OP is posting from or near:

Garden Grove, California

Your demands for $1,000 to testify as a witness before a legal proceeding could be construed as EXTORTION.

You might end up in criminal court for what you're allegedly demanding.

No, the laws in this country don't allow you to demand tribute to testify before a legal proceeding.

So you made arrangements to rent a room from this individual and he took advantage of you and now you want his landlord to solve the problem for you? Do you have a lease, or a sub-lease or any kind of contract? Did the landlord know anything about you until after it became a problem?

All I'm asking from them is to get me a place to live

It appears that "them" refers to the landlord and/or the landlord's attorney, but I can't fathom why you would think they would have any interest or obligation to "get [you] a place to live."

thet offered me 1,000.

Offered you $1,000 for what?

I don't think that's too much to ask since there property manger ignored me.

What exactly did you expect the property manager to do?

If they don' offer me what I' asking can I take them to court

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but the ability to sue has nothing to do with the likelihood of suing successfully.

In your case, you were an admittedly illegal sub-tenant. The tenant who was your landlord (whom I'll call "Bob") screwed you over, but that was between you and Bob, and Bob's landlord had nothing to do with that. If, in fact, Bob's landlord knew Bob had an illegal subtenant, then Bob's landlord may very well be in hot water with HUD, but that's not something for which you have standing to sue.

The bottom line is that nothing in your post suggests to me that you have any valid claim against Bob's landlord.

I was I was renting from Bob who was also attended signs up with HUD for low-income the property manager knew I was there and she was in violation because she should have stopped it I didn't find all this out until I moved in and this occurred so I would have a case with owners of the property because of Hud the attorneys of the owners of the one offering me the thousand and I asked them for a place to rent

Bob the low income renter. Rented his other room to me and did not report this to but or as I. He took my $500 anbd locked mne out. The on site property manger knew of me living there and nothing was done until I called the place that owns the building which is a church

So white is the owners which is the church attorney offering me $1,000 to pay back what he owed me so they can cover it so I don't talk and get him out

Ok so she knew you were moving in and yes that could be a problem for her and HUD. Still doesn't make her responsible for the fact that "Bob" took your money.

So white is the owners which is the church attorney offering me $1,000 to pay back what he owed me so they can cover it so I don't talk and get him out

You can do whatever you wish to do.

No stranger owns you.

No stranger can tell you what to do.

Hire a lawyer if you don't know what to do.

Good luck, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back