how

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakley4life

I was wondering if anyone knows how I would find out if I was named in a will if there was one or if I was listed on an estate. The reason I ask this is because when my step-father passed away my step-grandmother gave me a money order for the sale of my step-fathers estate along with payments from his life insurance policy. A year later my step-grandmother passed away. I was called by the person who was taking care of her bills to come to her house and pick stuff out that I wanted. At this time I wanted the couch and chair which was stated to me this stuff has to be sold in an estate auction and be added to the sale of the estate and divided after it was sold. I recieve a life insurance policy from my step-grandmother. About a year ago I called the person who is doing the dealings on my grandmothers behalf to see if he had sold her house and at that time he stated I was not on the estate and I would recieve nothing. He also stated that he had sold her estate. Than just a couple of months ago I see her house is still up for sale that he has not sold. Any advice or suggestions on how I would go about finding out would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Go to the probate division of the court in the courthouse in the county where the person died.

Ask the clerk if there is an estate filed for [whatever the name is].

If there is, ask to look at the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back