How to write a letter to fight Bus Stop parking tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

istyles

My fiance and myself are visiting my family here and they live on 47-277 Hui Iwa St. We rented this tiny fiat and have since gotten two parking tickets in the 3 days that we have been here. On on the same street near a bus stop.

Parking Infraction is Roh 15-15.4

What does officially designated? And why don't they mark where you can't park before and after the sign?

If you want you can check out this article from 2001 that the journalist published related to the matter;

The I got the 1st parking ticket is for parking at the bottom of the picture where the red hoda is (we actually parked about 3 ft. back from where the red honda civic is parked and our car is much smaller than the civic in question).

The 2nd parking ticket I recieved the next day is where you can see the white fiat is in both pictures (See above and below). Parking next to the driveway after the bus stop, I got a ticket, and parking at the bottom, before the turn, where the red honda civic is, I got a parking ticket.

Funny thing is that the red honda civic doesn't have a parking ticket, just my car. Except if I park where that car is, i'll probably get a parking ticket again. There is no clear area of where or where not to park when it comes to this bus stop. I'm just not parking between my families driveway or the bottom of that street before the turn for the rest of the time that we're staying here.

As you can see, this guy has no parking ticket, and there are no markings on the curb of where exactly the bus stop zone is and is not.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really want to fight both tickets and write a letter since I'm not going to be here long enough to schedule a court date. Any help will be much appreciated.

Frustrated, but grateful I get to see my family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's to prevent spam, but it not helpful when you have to put links to see the pictures since I can load the pictures onto my post directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're wasting your time fighting parking tickets.
They very rarely overturn them, ANYWHERE.
Those types of citations are revenue generators.
If you still must persist and protest, explain WHY YOU DON'T deserve the citation.
It'll be read, and you'll get a response, ASSUMING their process permits mail protestations, and doesn't REQUIRE in person appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back