how to voluntary repo a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelpooh

I live in Texas but bought an 1991 van in Missouri before moving here. I have had to do nothing but put more money into it. Things that he said were fixed couldn't have been because of the problems I've had. I want him to come and get the van, but he won't talk to me on the phone. My question is can I send him a certifed letter, stating where the van is and tell him to come get it, and if he doesn't do so then can I sell it to a junk yard or someone for parts even though I don't have the title.

Thanks So Much:confused:

how to voluntary repo

you must drop the vehicle off at this person office or bank or wherver they work. you cannot just tell him to come pick it up. that is not voluntary, although you say it is ok. taking it to him and leaving the keys in his possession is voluntary.
also, you could not sell the vehicle without the title unless you still make the payment arrange to have it put in someone elses name, i.e. the buyer of the van would have to have it in there name before you are cleared from all legal responsibility.

Originally posted by angelpooh:
I live in Texas but bought an 1991 van in Missouri before moving here. I have had to do nothing but put more money into it. Things that he said were fixed couldn't have been because of the problems I've had. I want him to come and get the van, but he won't talk to me on the phone. My question is can I send him a certifed letter, stating where the van is and tell him to come get it, and if he doesn't do so then can I sell it to a junk yard or someone for parts even though I don't have the title.
Coach put things into some perspective but there are even additional issues! You will likely have to pay for all the costs associated with pickup, transport, etc. and I'm sure you won't like the amount of the charges! Thus you will owe the amount outstanding on the vehicle plus any repossession and collection fees that might be required. If you don't surrender the vehicle you will be adding costs to your final tab.

looking in to volentary repo please help?

Hi, Hope someone can give me some advise out there I bought a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse and know cant afford it. I am pregnant and on bed rest. What do I have too go through if I volentary repo my car. Please help :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back