How To Stop Someone For Filing Temporary Guardianship Against Your Wil

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ82

So, my Aunt wants my girlfriend, and I to sign over temporary guardianship. We of course do not want to. My daughter and I stay with her for right now, and she feels that putting her in daycare would be easier if she did it. My girlfriend is deal with family problems right now, so she comes over everyday now to see her. How do we stop this process if she goes to the courts to file this against us.

You can't stop her. You can defend. Or, you can be smart and leave to live in your apartment.
If you can't support the child, how do propose fixing that? No need to tell us, but be prepared to maybe tell a judge. You can't stop her, you can defend, or leave and get your own home. Your girlfriend needs to get her act together. Her near abandonment of the child, might cause issues for you, too. You both need to gat jobs, get money, lease your own place. Talk to social services, see if you, baby, and mama can get help, financial assistance, some food assistance, daycare aid, medical care, maybe an apartment. The state gives people with kids and no jobs help, especially single moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back