How to set up a business without a SSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselPower

I am in my mid twenties, and have been operating a machine shop out of my garage and outgrown it. I have just leased a large building just out of town. I have never advertised before, and am not visible at all, but now I would like to put a sign on the front of the building and be open and visible to the public -and legal. I have nothing against paying taxes, but do not have a SSN myself, and never will for religious reasons. I was looking into getting an EIN, but it would require me to supply a SSN which I do not have. How should I go about setting up a legal business totally dis-attached from me?

From what I understand, I need to
1) apply for my DBA
2) get a county business license
3) Set up an LLC?

Please let me know if I'm on the right track, and give me any tips on getting it done without a SSN.

Thanks!

You can't. Get a SSN like everyone else. If you are going to live in this country you are going to have to pay taxes. I don't like it, neither will you, but not having a SSN for religious reasons just isn't going to fly. You either have an SSN or an EIN and to get an EIN you have to have an SSN. So unless someone is silly enough to put their SSN on your EIN, then you have to do it yourself or just risk not having either.

Sorry, but life doesn't always make it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back