How to seek licensing of name without starting a war with associate? Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundarts

Hello,

I trademarked a name consisting of 3 words (that I came up with) with an associate, the last word is "music". He later took the first 2 words, incorporated on his own with that name, then went on to trademark and register those words, which he is now using as part of a growing franchise operation across the US.

He has sold 52 franchises so far under the name he took.

He also stole the original trademark (the 3 words with "music"), fraudulently assigning full ownership over to his new company incorporated in the name of the 1st 2 words of the mark he stole. After I discovered he had done this I fought very hard to get my 50% of that mark back (with the 3 words) But he is still using the name I came up with for his franchises without offering a licensing agreement or even telling me we was doing it. He has also trademarked the name followed by the word "program".

A few years ago we formed a corporation with the same name as the full trademark (3 words), as well as purchasing the .com domain with the same name under which name we've been selling music online.

I am currently working on a new release of music with him and do not wish to abandon the project, but would seek some kind of licensing agreement and want to know if it can be done amicably without threatening my working relationship with him.

The music is used for the same purpose as his company he's selling franchises for, and that is to address medical issues therapeutically.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who might be able to help me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back