Eviction Grounds How to get my ex fiance to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrayton2007

I bought my home in January 2011 and my boyfriend at the time moved in with me. We have had an off an on relationship the last couple of years to where hes has moved out at times. He proposed to me last year but since then I have called it quits and I want him to leave due to some "proof" i found of his wrongdoing. He use to give me money for the cable and cell bill but that was all. He hasn't given me any money for these bills this month due to me saying we're done. How do I go about getting him out of my home. I have told him he needs to leave and he just ignores me like it doesn't matter what i say. I really don't want to cause a scene because my two daughters (not from him) live with me. Can someone please advise me on how to handle this. I am located in Gwinnett County, Georgia.

I'm confused because it keeps talking about the tenant being late on rent or damaging property. We didn't have an agreement for him to pay rent and he hasn't damaged anything so would this still apply to me just wanting to evict him?

I'm confused because it keeps talking about the tenant being late on rent or damaging property. We didn't have an agreement for him to pay rent and he hasn't damaged anything so would this still apply to me just wanting to evict him?

Some people pay creeps like this $200, $500, whatever it takes to get them to eave voluntarily. Keys for cash s what gas called. Get it in writing, and don't pay until he's given you the keys, removed his junk, and is off the property and the agreement is signed.

Otherwise, off to court you can go.
Yes, your eviction is simply to have the court order him out.
He's considered a tenant because he resides with you.
The lease is also applied by state statute.
He's a month to month tenant.
Your suit wants him dispossessed.
You can hire an attorney to do it for you, or an agency.
Otherwise, the Gwinnett County Court site has forms and directions.

Last edited:
Inform him that he must pay rent going forward. Send/give him a notice of termination of your "lease" so that you can at least give him notice that you intend to go to court if he doesn't move. That should give him the idea that he can't stay there forever and his actions of not contributing are not appreciated. Perhaps you're even better off this way without him since you now can confirm the type of person he is. best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back