1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

How to get my adult child out of my house Eviction Process

Discussion in 'Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by wittsend, Jul 7, 2015.

  1. wittsend

    wittsend Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    My son is 19 years old. He has never paid rent nor never moved away from home. I have been dealing with my son not following house rules and being very disrespectful and defiant. I have asked him to leave on several occasions and he has told me he wont leave and that I have to give him 30 days by law. I don't know my rights to evict. I have seen some things say that if he does not pay rent then if he does not leave I can file trespassing charges. I have also been told if I file eviction through the courts then this would be on his record and may cause problems with him renting.
    Please help.... What are my legal rights???
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You can start by calling your local police.
    If they respond and trespass him, it's over, as long as you don't allow him back inside your home.

    The cops might tell you, the only legal way is to evict him.
    If they do, Google "EVICTION, YOUR COUNTY, OHIO"
    Read the step by step, and good look.

Share This Page