Criminal Records, Expungement How to get info off my profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbobet

My jurisdiction is: Florida

I live in polk county Florida, the Sheriff has a website they put offenders profile on, I was arreseted 3 years ago, I had my picture and my charges on this, it has prevented me from finding a job, even though It was adjudication withheld no one is taking that in to consideration, I went on the site today and seen that my picture was not on there anymore and where it said adjudication withheld was not there either, can someone tell me whats going on and if I can get this profile off of this site, I am happy mypic is no longer there...

What did the Sheriff's Department tell you when you called them about this?

I suspect that it is all public record until such time that a court rules that it should be purged. Perhaps there is also a sunset clause in your state where the info will be purged at least from public view after a certain period of time has passed. But, if it lawful, and no court order exists to force the agency to remove it, there may be nothing you can do about it.

And, as a note, court proceedings are generally public record, so a record of a filing and court proceeding against you - even if adjudication was withheld - is permissible for the public to view.

- Carl

well I far as I know its on for life, but my intake picture and where it said ajudication withheld is off of there can I get this sealed? poss of marijuana 20 gram and paraphamilia.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back