1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

How to get guns rights back Appeal, Pardon, Motion, Writ

Discussion in 'Criminal Records, Expungement' started by Jason Patterson, Sep 10, 2015.

  1. Jason Patterson

    Jason Patterson Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    How to get guns rights back
  2. Betty3

    Betty3 Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

  3. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Contrary to popular MYTH, if you've got a felony conviction on your record, you'll never get your FEDERAL right to own a gun back, unless you were to receive a FULL EXECUTIVE PARDON for your felonious crime(s).

    Pardons, FULL PARDONS are rare as unicorn, bigfoot, Michael Jackson, and Elvis sightings.

    Some states allow you to pay the state some money, fill out a couple forms, and "wink wink"; you're told your rights to own a firearm have bene restored.

    Tell that to the people in states where "weed" is alleged to be LEGAL, if they get popped by one of those federales.

    Yes, you might even get away with a carry permit, in some states.
    Alas, one of them federales and their ALMIGHTY HIGH LORD PERSECUTOR could see things differently.

    So, you can have yourself a looks ee on these threads, and then a chat with a couple lawyers, and like those Fox News folks are wont to say: "We report, you decide!"

    Arkansas requires a gubernatorial pardon for a felon to be restored gun rights. This, however, didn't stop almost 5,000 felons from obtaining hunting licenses when the Democrat-Gazette matched hunting licenses against crime data a few years ago.

    Felons regaining gun rights

    There are no fees to apply for a pardon in Arkansas. The first step is to submit an application to the Arkansas Parole Board. The Parole Board has conveniently created a simple, self-explanatory pardon application form for you to fill out. The form can be found on its website at http://www.arbop.org/forms.html. If you have a difficult time accessing the Parole Board’s website or the form itself, you can call the Parole Board directly at (501) 682-3850 or write to:

    Arkansas Parole Board
    Two Union National Plaza Bldg.
    105 W. Capitol Avenue, Suite 500
    Little Rock, AR 72201

    The application form specifically asks you to indicate whether you want your gun rights restored. If you want your gun rights restored, your crime must be at least eight years old and must not have involved any weapons.[8] You must also have the County Sheriff in the county where you reside fill out a small form, which is included at the end of the application. If you have any questions about the application process, don’t be afraid to call the Parole Board at the number above.

    You will be required to sign the application form under oath—which means it must be signed in front of a notary public. Most banks have a notary public who may charge a small fee, usually depending on whether you have an account with that bank.

    You are required to submit along with your application a certified copy of the judgment order, commitment order, or docket sheet for the conviction you want pardoned. This can be obtained from the clerk’s office of the court where you received your conviction.

    If you do not remember the details or whereabouts of a particular conviction, you should contact the Arkansas State Police at (501) 618-8500 to find out how you can obtain a criminal report for yourself, so that you can identify the county and court where you received the conviction.

    Arkansas Pardon Information - Pardon411

Share This Page