1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

How to get boyfriend out of my house? Visitor, Guest

Discussion in 'Living in, Use of the Premises' started by geri, Aug 20, 2019.

  1. geri

    geri Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I have a boyfriend that moved in nine months ago. No formal lease was ever mentioned no contract/lease signed. But it has been a toxic relationship. I asked him to leave a week ago and he said no. I put together with one of the law forms online a 15 day notice for him to leave by the 29th. This was handed to him by me personally. But I think that he’s going to fight me and stay anyway. I live in west Chester, Chester county, PA. What legal rights do I have as the owner of the house? Note: he does have all his mail sent here to this address. And he does pay for food only.

    Attached Files:

  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You'll have to take this deadbeat through the eviction process.

    Here is all the information you need to file an eviction in your location:

    Civil Process Information | Chester County, PA - Official Website

    Chester County, PA - Official Website

    These websites will explain step by step.

    You MUST do exactly as described, or you'll be forced to start all over.

    So, make sure you read everything before doing anything, and obey each step religiously.

    This website discusses evictions GENERALLY in PA: How Evictions Work in Pennsylvania

    You can sometimes offer a deadbeat $100, $200, or $30, or some amount to leave immediately and take all of his/her junk.

    You can find agreements online, or make one up, simply saying Deadbeat Donemewrong VOLUNTARILY agrees to leave on Some Date for which Wronged Lover will pay Deadbeat Donemewrong the sum of $somemoney after HE has vacated my premises and is safely on the public parking lot at Walmart on Something Gone Wrong Street in Lost Lover, PA.

    Good luck, and never allow anyone to live in your home.

    In fact, be smart and don't invite scammers, freaks, ne'er do wells inside your home.

    Your home is NOT a flophouse for losers.
  3. mightymoose

    mightymoose Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Agreed. Learn the eviction process in your state. You are the landlord and he is the tenant. It does not matter that there is no written lease or that he does not pay the bills. The 15 day notice you have might be insufficient. Often a minimum of 30 is required.
    As suggested above, find an incentive to offer that encourages him to leave voluntarily. It will be your fastest and easiest solution to the problem.
  4. zddoodah

    zddoodah Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    First of all, if you must post documents such as you did, you really ought to redact the names and address.

    Second, compiling or attempting to compile a list of your legal rights would serve no useful purpose.

    If your (ex-?) boyfriend won't leave when the notice period expires, you'll need to file an eviction action (and that assumes the notice you gave is the proper notice required by law). Depending on how he reacts, you may also want to seek a restraining order.

Share This Page