How to file in small claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

chey1211

I recently have a problem with a rental listing company, which in 90 days I would receive a refund if I was not placed in a home. I followed the guide lines for the refund. Now after the 90 days I sent out my letter asking for a refund. It has now been 33 days and no refund. I talked to the district manager and he told me that my refund was mailed out on the 10th of June. To this day he has not returned my phones calls and I still have no refund. I did some research with the Better Business Bureau, and this company has a history of complaints. How would I go about filing a suit against this company.

Simple process to file in Small Claims:

1) Go to the county courthouse where the defendant is located -- make sure that you have the proper courthouse for small claims.

2) Have the correct address for the defendant. Write a very brief explanation of the problem (e.g. did not return money pursuant to money back guarantee) and don't elaborate too much, just enough for the defendant to know what the suit is about.

3) Bring a little cash -- shouldn't be more than $10. You can sue up to $3,000 to $5000, but don't embellish and make sure you can prove or have given a good reason you deserve the damages. Judges/arbitrators don't have a good impression of those seeking a windfall, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back