Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct How to deal with harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeysgirl

This is going to be really long....I'm so sorry....

My brother was convicted of aggravated assault when he was 19 yrs. old. He had never been in any kind of trouble prior to that (not even a speeding ticket), and has not been in any trouble in the 2 years since he was released from prison (he's 30 now). He made a huge mistake, has paid for it, and is leading a normal, law-abiding life. He has had a good full-time job since he got out and is even moving up to a supervisory position. Shoot, he's even employee of the month this month out of over 600 employees.

The problem is his fiance's mother. She and her husband adored my bro. and were thrilled about their engagement until he sat them down to tell them about his past. He felt it was the right thing to do if they were going to get married, but it backfired. The fiance's mom is a victim's rights advocate. She has ties with the police, parole officers, basically anybody involved with law in this city and is making my bro. and his fiance's life a living hell. The fiance has a 4 month old baby. The father is not involved, left her when he found out she was pregnant. She and my bro. met at work and have been together since she was about 4 months pregnant. He was there for the birth and has been "daddy" since.

Because of his offense (he almost killed the guy that raped his former girlfriend), and mom's experience with violent offenders, she is convinced that he is going to kill her daughter and grandbaby. She is going around telling anyone that will listen that they left the baby alone in their apt. for several hours while they went out (I know for an absolute fact that this isn't true and can prove it). She has called his parole officer and told her that he and the fiance were at a party, so drunk they couldn't walk straight (again, I know for an absolute fact that this isn't true and there are multiple witnesses to this), has sent threatening text messages to her dtr, including one that said "I'm going to call his parole officer and have him sent back to prison. I can lie like you can." I saw that one. Unfortunately, mom stole the cell phone she sent this to after punching her dtr in the face to get it (yes, a police report was filed). During this incident, mom and her husband grabbed the baby and took off. They were gone for most of the day and the police were going to file an Amber Alert until they found out who this lady is, then everything was dropped.

Yesterday, my bro. called me and asked me to come to the apt. as a witness because this lady was sitting in her car, in the middle of the street, taking pics of my brother moving furniture into a U-Haul. I heard her yell at him, "your parole officer is going to love this!' He was doing absolutely nothing wrong, simply moving furniture because he was moving to a different apt). He didn't say a word to her, just sat down and kept me on the line until I got to the apt. I spoke with her when I got there and caught her in several lies. I decided right then and there, there isn't any point in trying to reason with her.

I am very involved in my brother's life due to the fact that I am pretty much the only family he is close to, so I'm not a casual observer of the situation. He loves that child as if she were his own and there is an obvious bond between the two. The baby is very well cared for, and is a thriving happy child. I'm an RN and a mother of 4. I'm confident enough in my skills as a nurse and mother to know if anything bad was happening to this child since I see her frequently. My bro. and fiance go to work, go to school, go home and take care of the baby. They don't party, do drugs or anything of the sort. I understand this woman's fear of my brother's past, but he has not given her any reason to behave this way. This is harassment plain and simple. I want to help them somehow file a complaint, charges, whatever needs to be done to get this woman off of their backs, but am not sure what to do, especially due to her connection with law enforcement. They all seem to know her and drag their feet when my bro. has complained to them. They only see him as a convicted felon, not a human. It's his word against that of a victim's right advocate that they all know personally. She even knows his parole officer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for taking the time to read this if you made it to the end...lol

First, you all need to gather every bit of proof you have of her lies. Then he needs to go file a lible suit against her. That should shut her up. I would also list harrasment in the suit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back