How to ask for immediate court hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCutie

How do I go about asking a probate judge for an immediate hearing in his court? I have written a very concise legal letter (giving ALL pertinent information i.e. case #, names, dates, etc.) asking that the now executor be removed because he has not done his job and is using the estate for his own financial gains and I sent a cover letter as well. I went to the library and did some research to be able to do this. However, I could not find any thing regarding any type of letter asking for a hearing for this.

Because this is a drastic step for an heir to take, would a probate judge by chance do this on his own because I have asked that the executor be removed and for the judge to appoint a new executor? I listed fourteen (14) reasons why the now executor should be removed and replaced. All of which I have documentation for.

The Texas Probate Court says that after 24 months if an estate has not been closed and assets disbursed that an interested party CAN petition the court to close the estate and disburse assets. It has been 29 months since my Mother's death. My Mother left a VERY concise Will drawn up by very good Texas attorneys. She lived and died in Texas.

I can email copies of what I sent to the judge to you, if that would help in getting an answer to my question.

Thank you for any information and help you can give me.

Removal of Executor

What you need to do is to contact these very good Texas attorneys and see if they can represent you or recommend someone who can. This is a little much to handle by yourself.

If you don't like that advice then you need to pay a personal visit to the probate court in Texas and ask the assitance of the clerk handling the file. she will probably give you the same advice as above but you will then have a copy of the entire file to take to the attorney.

Hearing close

Not knowing what else to do seems to have worked. Apparently I'm not doing too bad pro se. I should have an emergency hearing sometime this coming week. I have REALLY done a lot of research at my local library. IF I had the money, I would have asked an attorney....it has been a lot of work!!! MORE work than I ever want to ever do again. Thank you for your reply. Also, the clerks at the probate court have been helpful and nice (when they shouldn't have told me what they did) I think they will help me too. It did, however, take several phone calls and being VERY nice to them to get this help. But "nice" is cheap and just plain considerate on my part.....nice & considerate NEVER hurts anyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back