Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication How Serious is a Class C Felony for Possession of Drugs in Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorme

I have been looking on the internet and cant find anywhere that really says the penalties for a Class C Felony for Possession of Drugs in Missouri.
My brother's were recently arrested for this.
Also, my youngest brother was arrrested at the same time for 2 counts of stealing and 1 count of trespassing. Will this be a more serious situation since he has so much involved?

A C felony in Missouri carries a maximum sentence of 7 years in prison. Sentencing, though, is pretty complicated because a lot of factors are included:

-the nature of the crime
-any prior convictions
-other factors

Therefore it is hard to say what actual sentence will come from a crime without knowing the total situation. Your brothers should ask their attorneys. But generally, a C-felony is a serious crime where you can expect some jail time.

Stealing charges can range from A-misdemeanors to B-felonies, that means from no jail time up to 15 years, so again it depends on all the details.

The more charges against someone, the more he is in trouble. On the other hand, if he will be convicted and the sentences run concurrently, it will not make a big difference in the jailtime. But there can be huge differences if the sentences run consecutively or if other provisions are applicable such as repeat or serial offender provisions etc.

You can find Missouri criminal law here: http://www.moga.mo.gov/STATUTES/STATUTES.HTM#T38

(Chapters 556-600)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back