How old to live where you want???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieTaplin

I have a boyfriend, and hes 17. He turned 17 March 3rd of this year, and his parents want to move to arizona, and they are determined to bring him with them, along with his 2 younger brothers. He definately wants to stay. Is he old enough to legally stay with me or in Connecticut with out his parents consent? :(

The age of majority is 18 in Connecticut although I believe that if a minor wished to be emancipated, it would be age 16. Conn.Gen.Stat. § 46b-150 to § 46b-150e is something to look at. Think very long about this since they will always be his family no matter what and the rifts in family might be difficult to repair.

hes moving to az he has no choice

The age of majority is 18 in Connecticut although I believe that if a minor wished to be emancipated, it would be age 16. Conn.Gen.Stat. § 46b-150 to § 46b-150e is something to look at. Think very long about this since they will always be his family no matter what and the rifts in family might be difficult to repair.

the judge will not emancipate him so he wont have to leave his gf.untill he is 18, he lives where his parents tell him to live, and if they say hes moving to az then guess what? hes moving to az. this poster nedds to forget trying to get her bf emancipated, its not going to happen. nor can her parents go to court for custody, he is not their child.

Jimmysgirl, that post is from 2003. By this time he's 21 and living on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back