Quiet Enjoyment How often can a landlord enter my apartment?

T

Trojan2016

Jurisdiction
California
Hello.
I live in the state of CA. I recently signed a 1 year lease on an apartment in Los Angeles. I am 4 months into my lease and I got a notice to enter my apartment from Jan 16 THROUGH Jan 31 during regular business hours. Is this legal? Can they give extended notice for a period of 2 weeks like that? I thought a 24 hour notice is required for each time they enter? This is terribly inconvenient for me as I don't want my private home to be a public open house while I'm not around.

Hello.
I live in the state of CA. I recently signed a 1 year lease on an apartment in Los Angeles. I am 4 months into my lease and I got a notice to enter my apartment from Jan 16 THROUGH Jan 31 during regular business hours. Is this legal? Can they give extended notice for a period of 2 weeks like that? I thought a 24 hour notice is required for each time they enter? This is terribly inconvenient for me as I don't want my private home to be a public open house while I'm not around.

You start by reading your lease.
Concentrate on any provisions regarding landlord access, notice, etc...
Your lease governs landlord entry and notice, followed by CA law.
Why does the landlord require a two week period of time?
It be hooves you to ask him or her, or the management.
More than likely its for repairs, maintenance, or pursuant to a new code or building requirement.
Until you inquire, you're reacting out of ignorance.
Seek clarification first, then proceed accordingly.

Hello, thank you for your reply. I forgot to add that the notice does indeed say the need for entry is to show the apartment to prospective tenants. However, my lease is not over for another 7 months, and 2 weeks of showing my apartment during business hours while I'm not home seems excessive without proper notice for each day of entry.

Hello, thank you for your reply. I forgot to add that the notice does indeed say the need for entry is to show the apartment to prospective tenants. However, my lease is not over for another 7 months, and 2 weeks of showing my apartment during business hours while I'm not home seems excessive without proper notice for each day of entry.

Are you current with your rent?
Have you been served with any notices from yoru landlord alleging that you've broken any covenants of your lease?
I fear you've misunderstood what is happening, which is why you might want to seek clarification from your landlord, if you're current with yoru rent and have not breached any covenants of your lease.
Are you, by chance, SUBLETTING from a tenant of the property owner, as in his/her landlord?

Back