How much is my insurance claim worth for pain and suffering and loss of consortium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtvwbtech48

Has and auto accident and other party was at fault. After going to the ER and having ct scan, 6 labs, 5 xrays, ekg I went to my follow up apt with my doctor 5 days later and she kept me out of work for another week and sent me back to hospital for more x rays. After going to next visit she kept me out another week then dismissed me back to work a week later. I have been out of work for 3 weeks for soft tissue, whip last and back pain. During this time they had me on hydrocodon which made me extremely constipated to where I was whipping 5-6 times a day one I started taking stool softeners which made my rectum bleed and put me in even more pain. I am now starting to go back to work and am in better shape and ready to settle my claim. Problem is I'm not sure how much to settle for. My medical bills are roughly $10000, lost wages for 3 weeks is about $3600. The whole thing has been a burden on me. How much should I ask for from the at fault parties insurance company for pain and suffering and loss of consortium? I'm already at a loss of $13600+ on my bills and lost wages. What should be my first demand and how much should I actually settle for? I do not have an attorney nor do I really care to go through the hassle of getting one unless absolute need be.

You should retain an attorney and let the attorney get you a settlement.

Yes, the attorney will take 1/3, but you'll get 3 to 4 times more money by using an attorney.

Also, be sure you are completely well & will require no additional medical treatment before settling. You don't want to settle prematurely - some people have. You can't go back & ask for more later.

Talking to an attorney would be a good idea as suggested.

I agree, you need to talk to your doctor about your MMI, and then you need to talk to a qualified personal injury attorney to solidify your claim. Hiring for an personal injury attorney might put on some delay due to the process of furnishing all the needed documents, the medical records and everything to support as proof of your injury claims, and your lawyer might also wait for the MMI from your doctor to see and to assess how much your case is really worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back