How long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew0

In Oct of 2006 I was rear-ended at a stop light, pushing my car into the car in front of me. The other drivers insurance has accepted responsibility but that is where the process has stopped.

I turned in my Medical bills and lost wages at the end of March. In June after being unable to get an adjuster to return any of my calls I took the matter to an attorney. It's now Nov and the attorney's secretary continues to tell me that they can't get a response from the Insurance Co.

I am self-employed and self insured, so in addition to the time I lost, all medical expenses came out of my pocket, with the exception of two large medical bills that I had hoped to pay with the settlement. At this point has been over a year and not even an offer of settlement has been made, so it is looking like I will have to take out a loan to pay the bills and preserve my credit.

Two things I should mention; the insurance company is not licensed to sell auto insurance in NC but is licensed in the drivers home state of PA. Secondly, the attorney is semi-retired and I do wonder if that has an effect on their efforts

My question is, what is a reasonable amount of time for a response from the insurance Company?

Thanks Drew

Today I told the attorney that I did not wish to use his services.

Over a month ago he advised that the next course of action would be to send a certified letter. However as of yesterday he had yet to get around to it. What I did may sound harsh but if I told any of my customers I would do something and put it off for thirty days I wouldn't have a customer either.

Now that I no longer have a lawyer maybe someone will be kind enough to answer the question of how long. I would really like to put this whole thing behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back