How do I go about getting his rights taken away

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabe403

I Live in the state of Arizona and for some unknown reason they thought that California should have jurisdiction over my case since the biological father of my son lives there. I moved out here when my son was 2 months old, he is now 2 yrs old. He has not seen his son in almost a year and only calls when his mom rags on him or the state garnishes his wages (imagine that). I cant get him to give up his rights because of his mother and he's a bit of a control freak to put it nicely. I have a support order and I dont care about the money(I don't get it anyway). It just causes more problems. He only calls to argue about that. He runs from the state, gets DUI's, does drugs and god only knows what else. He expects me to go out there so he can spend time with his son so he doesnt have to take time off work. Granted I know alot of people probably think it is wrong that i live far away but I had no place else to go when everything fell apart. I really just want to protect my son. He doesnt know him and he thinks that i should just put him on a plane and send him out there to visit. Yes he actually said that to me. I'm not one of those women that sit around waiting for the checks to come in. I have put myslef through school and i fully support myself and my son. I am just sick of dealing with all the B.S. If he is not going to be a part of his sons life on a regular basis then he doesnt need to be at all, especially when all he is going to do is bash me. Anybody please how do I start the process of removing his rights. :confused:

First of all, you did move, therefore you are part of the reason he does not see the child. That is a fact. Moving out of state makes it a little hard don't you think?

He needs to go to court and get some sort of visitation set up but that is his responsibility to deal with it. FYI if he eventually does this, you may be forced to provide some of the transportation.

He could have fought the move, he didn't so you moved.

You just cannot terminate his rights because he is a deadbeat. You chose to have kids with him and he MUST agree to have his rights terminated and there almost always needs to be a stepfather willing to adopt.

If he does not agree, then you are out of luck. By the way if he decides to see an attorney to protect his rights, he could throw you for some unusual loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back