Family, Other How do I get a passport outside of the US?

Julie Moreno

Jurisdiction
Mexico
Hello, I have a q. I used to live in Seattle WA and I moved to Mexico in 2007 and I brought back my US born kids. When we came they had valid US passports but now they are expired. Both my husband and I were living there as illegal aliens and now I don't know where I can get them a passport to go back to the US. What do I do?

Hello, I have a q. I used to live in Seattle WA and I moved to Mexico in 2007 and I brought back my US born kids. When we came they had valid US passports but now they are expired. Both my husband and I were living there as illegal aliens and now I don't know where I can get them a passport to go back to the US. What do I do?

If you're an American national or citizen (or, in your case the parent of US citizens) stuck in any other country you can go to the nearest US Consulate or Embassy, identify yourself as a US citizen or national in distress, and ask to speak to anyone in the Consular Affairs Section, or simply say, "I need to have my US passport replaced."

This is the US Department of State's OFFICIAL website explaining where to go, what to do when you're abroad and need an emergency US Passport to be reissued.

Lost or Stolen Passports Abroad

Good luck, safe and happy travels.

Back