1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

How do I get a passport outside of the US? Family, Other

Discussion in 'Family Immigration, Fiancee & Marriage Visa' started by Julie Moreno, Apr 14, 2016.

  1. Julie Moreno

    Julie Moreno Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hello, I have a q. I used to live in Seattle WA and I moved to Mexico in 2007 and I brought back my US born kids. When we came they had valid US passports but now they are expired. Both my husband and I were living there as illegal aliens and now I don't know where I can get them a passport to go back to the US. What do I do?
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If you're an American national or citizen (or, in your case the parent of US citizens) stuck in any other country you can go to the nearest US Consulate or Embassy, identify yourself as a US citizen or national in distress, and ask to speak to anyone in the Consular Affairs Section, or simply say, "I need to have my US passport replaced."

    This is the US Department of State's OFFICIAL website explaining where to go, what to do when you're abroad and need an emergency US Passport to be reissued.

    Lost or Stolen Passports Abroad

    Good luck, safe and happy travels.
  3. ElleMD

    ElleMD Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Michael Wechsler likes this.

Share This Page