How can my brother get guardianship of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briannasayshai

Hi, I'm going to be 15 in three months, and I've been dealing with an abusive alcoholic mother for the past six years.I've been taken from her before by cps, and put into a foster home. Not long after, she got me back by lying. After all of that was finished, she moved me out of state. I can't deal with her drinking and lying all the time. Can my brother claim guardianship? He has a.home, a job, and could transport me to school and church. What would have to be done? I have a plane ticket out there already paid for, it was just visiting, but I want to live with him. I'm not in a.stable house right now, there is no carpet or any flooring except concrete, there's bugs everywhere, we have no appliances, and I would just feel safer with my brother... What should I do? He's a legal adult, too.

Be very careful using a ruse to escape a horrid life. If you at risk, contact "911", tell a teacher at school, the principal, school nurse, school counselor; and they can help you. My heart goes out to you, but do things the right way. Why not have your brother contact mom and make an arrangement, or have brother come to your city and seek custody himself?

Your brother can actually get in trouble if he allows you to stay and knows you have run away. Don't put him in that situation.
Report your concerns to cps and let them do their job. With your brother living out of state he is not really in the picture. You are more likely to be placed with another in state family member or foster careif you are removed from your home with mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back