How can I receive property for my mother's estate if my brother claim it's only air

Randall Jackson

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My brother claimed sole heir to my mother's estate which was two properties one property was originally in trust for me how can I obtain that property with originally wasn't Trust

My brother claimed sole heir to my mother's estate which was two properties one property was originally in trust for me how can I obtain that property with originally wasn't Trust

This makes relatively little sense -- in part because you didn't use any punctuation and only randomly capitalized one word other than the first word.

But let's start at the beginning: You wrote, "My brother claimed sole heir to my mother's estate." I assume you omitted some words and that, at some point in time in the past, your brother claimed that he was the sole heir of your mother's estate." When did your mother die? On what basis did your brother claim that he was the sole heir of the estate? Did your mother have a will? If so, did the will leave the entire estate to your brother? Has the estate been probated? If so, whom did the court appoint as executor? Is probate still ongoing?

You then wrote, "which was two properties" I assume this means that two pieces of real property were the only significant assets of your mother's estate. Correct?

You then wrote, "one property was originally in trust for me." What does "originally" mean? It implies to me that, at one point in the past, the property was held in trust, but then something changed. Is that what you intended? Or are you contending that, at the time of your mother's death, this property was "in trust for" you? If so, then that contradicts the statement that the estate "was two properties" since property held in trust is not part of the decedent's estate.

Finally, you wrote, "how can I obtain that property with originally wasn't Trust." That's a completely garbled mess, and I have no idea what you meant by it.

If you want to clarify the facts, we may be able to provide further comment. Otherwise, consult with a local probate/estate attorney for advice.

Back