How can I avoid having to register my car twice?

Joseph McSoud

Jurisdiction
Texas
I currently live in Colorado, and I bought a car in March. My temporary license plate is expiring on July 2, so I need to get it registered. However, I am moving to Texas towards the end of July. I just got an apartment application approved, so I have an address there now. Is there any way that I can avoid having to register my car in Colorado for the short term that I'm still living here, and then have to register it again in Texas within 30 days?

I currently live in Colorado, and I bought a car in March. My temporary license plate is expiring on July 2, so I need to get it registered. However, I am moving to Texas towards the end of July. I just got an apartment application approved, so I have an address there now. Is there any way that I can avoid having to register my car in Colorado for the short term that I'm still living here, and then have to register it again in Texas within 30 days?

You either register it in Colorado or in Texas before the Colorado temporary registration expires.

My temporary license plate is expiring on July 2,

Have you checked to see if you can get another 30 day temporary permit?

If you can't, then you'll have to drive or fly (if the car doesn't have to be present) to Texas within the next 10 days if you want to register it once.

Probably a lot less money to register in CO and register again in TX.

Back