Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI House Arrest for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnie1

Hello, I have a pending DUI in Chester County, PA and expect to get several months of house arrest. I have lost my job and can't afford to keep my apartment. Is it possible to serve house arrest with my family in Delaware?

Hello, I have a pending DUI in Chester County, PA and expect to get several months of house arrest. I have lost my job and can't afford to keep my apartment. Is it possible to serve house arrest with my family in Delaware?

You can request the court allow you to do that.

It also involves the approval of Delaware authorities.

The judge doesn't have to allow you to serve house arrest in another state.

The other state can refuse to accept you.

If it isn't allowed or can't be arranged, you'll probably be ordered to do your time in a county jail or a halfway house.

Is there a downside to moving out of the local area into DE now before the trial?
I am financially strained so would like to make the move now allowing me to better meet my financial obligations.

I got 3 dui`s in the state of pennsylvania so I can tell you that on your first offense you will get a fine around $1000 dollars and 30 days license suspension plus have to go for some alcohol classes. Dont go for number 2 or 3, you will not be so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back