hourly rate / loss of income

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklynrodd

Hired in March 2011 I was told at time of hire that my hourly rate would be $25.00 an hour, Left an employer that was paying me $23.00 an hour. For the first seven weeks I was paid at the rate of $25 hour. 4 weeks ago employer switched hourly rate to $20. hour with no warning or notice. I filed a pay roll discripency form each week requesting the original rate - no answer from employer, called main office 3 times no return calls. I sent an email today and the manager responded that I should have been paid the $20.00 rate since day one. I would never have left the old job for a job paying less. my loss is over $200 weekly.
all other employees at this site, with the same title are paid the $25.00 rate. I am the first employee to be given the lower rate and one employee that came after me is also getting the lower rate.

Gee, that's a shame. What are you going to do about it?

(HINT - you did not ask a question.)

I apologize, My question would be since I was already told that the rate was $25.00 and then the rate was changed to $20.00 can I sue to force the employer to
1- pay back wages at the $25.00 rate
2- ensure that the employer pays the $25.00 rate in the future
3- if that is not possible can I get compensated by the employer since i resigned from my last employer to take this job at a higher pay rate, this employer even sent me an email stating that they intended to pay me the $20.00 rate since day one.

I was recently informed bu NYstate dept.of labor that the employer was required to give me a printed form that shows the hourly rate the overtime rate and when the pay periods are. This employer did not give me any paperwork, but when I started questioning the lower payrate showed me the blank form and said that I have signed it but I am 100% sure I did not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back