Hourly, Commission and they keep on changing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybug1959

:no:
I work for a large, troubled cable provider in the state of Washington although we are nationwide. I am technically in a sales position however without changing our terms and or "contract" or "plan" they have decided to also make us take retention, billing, technical, repair and anything else that comes our way. They too have decided to take away 100% of the revenue lost if we disconnect, downgrade or change anything which is a negative to the companies revenue away from our commission as a sales representative whether or not we have ever touched the account or not. Example: I sell 250 in services, install fees and extras, and according to what have known from our commission plan (I have a copy) we are entitled to anywhere from 11 - 20% of that amount depending upon our metrics for that given two week period. Now they are subtracting from that "sales" amount anything negative we do. However, they still say we are sales representatives, they do not document these "deductions" on our pay stubs and they change things constantly. I actually refused to sign this recent piece of paper stating that I promised to make a certain metric every time due to the fact I was our for two months and am coming back to a mess. Is this legal? Can they just start not honoring what we were hired for? My commissions have gone from an average of $1600 bi weekly to $200 and from reading Washington State laws it appears that the company can not take anything away from an employee for their profit which this is obviously for. Also I believe anything taken away needs to be documented on the pay stub. I now realize that the company I work for says we make commissions but then they take them away.

Is this a possible class action law suit. The same company just lost a case against our technicians and field staff for not paying over time properly and now all of the sudden I see they have changed the way they are paying us too. I am looking at back statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back