hospice, no death certificate already burried

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadinmemphis

My mother was in a nursing home. she came home. the family asked hospice to take the case. my sister has power of attorney she says and would not give me any information hospice signed up on Friday. She died at home on Monday. buried on Friday. now I find out there is not death certificate. no one wants to deal with it becasue it is Hospice. I am now power of attorney, just a family member. should not a death certificate been signed and given to the funeral home before burial. The Doctor who was over hospice did not sign it. there are some questions. the nurse pronounced her dead. but hospice did not come out except sunday. Friday and Sunday, dead on Monday. other confusing things. but no death certificate and she's buried.
is there a statue of limitation? how can I force someone to show the death certificate or go to court to force it? everyone I have talked to says if it is hospice I have no recourse.

Death certificates actually take some time usually.

Heck, we didn't get the death certificates for my late husband until about a month after he died.

My mother was in a nursing home. she came home. the family asked hospice to take the case. my sister has power of attorney she says and would not give me any information hospice signed up on Friday. She died at home on Monday. buried on Friday. now I find out there is not death certificate. no one wants to deal with it becasue it is Hospice. I am now power of attorney, just a family member. should not a death certificate been signed and given to the funeral home before burial. The Doctor who was over hospice did not sign it. there are some questions. the nurse pronounced her dead. but hospice did not come out except sunday. Friday and Sunday, dead on Monday. other confusing things. but no death certificate and she's buried.
is there a statue of limitation? how can I force someone to show the death certificate or go to court to force it? everyone I have talked to says if it is hospice I have no recourse.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences.

TN death certificates explained: A Tennessee Death Certificate must be filed whether your family handles the burial at home or a funeral handles the arrangements. The decedent's private physician will have to complete this document, or the County Medical Examiner if the case fell under his/her jurisdiction.

The Hamilton County Medical Examiner offers an explanation as to why TN death certificates can take so long.

http://www.hamiltontn.gov/medicalexaminer/me office faqs.htm#Q24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back