Home Purchased - Updated abstract

fxman110

Jurisdiction
New York
I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get more involved with my attorney when we are waiting on an abstract of the title...

Supposedly my attorney is still waiting for the updated abstract from the sellers attorney which has been 4 weeks now.
Last update is that "the abstract was provided for updating on the 13th" (I'm not even sure what this means, who updates the abstract?)

Is there anything I can do to move this process along... sort of crunched for time with having our wedding in Mid July.

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get more involved with my attorney when we are waiting on an abstract of the title...

Supposedly my attorney is still waiting for the updated abstract from the sellers attorney which has been 4 weeks now.
Last update is that "the abstract was provided for updating on the 13th" (I'm not even sure what this means, who updates the abstract?)

Is there anything I can do to move this process along... sort of crunched for time with having our wedding in Mid July.

What does your wedding have to do it?

What does your wedding have to do it?

Having watched a couple of episodes of "Rich Bride, Poor Bride", it seems like all the kids are planning an event for the ages.

Fireworks.

Grand entrances.

Bah Humbug.

Or maybe OP was thinking of having the event at their new property. Ha, ha.

Seems like an excellent question for your attorney, but it's not with which anonymous strangers unfamiliar with your situation are likely to be of any help.

Back