home Construction

HelpLaw2017

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Condominiums built in 1995, owners have just now discovered problems with the materials used behind a wall fronted by stone, materials used underneath/behind for a wall deteriorated and disintegrating. What can we do against the builders/company now?

Condominiums built in 1995, owners have just now discovered problems with the materials used behind a wall fronted by stone, materials used underneath/behind for a wall deteriorated and disintegrating. What can we do against the builders/company now?

You can organize the owners, meet with a few attorneys, ask questions, see what remedies might exist.

I'm GUESSING, but with 25 year old homes, I doubt there's any recourse against anyone.

Your efforts might best be spent determining if the defects can be remediated.

Have you considered that "problems with the materials" are simply the result of these homes being more than two decades old or some external factor?

My very quick and cursory google search seems to indicate that Ohio does not have a statute of repose for latent defects in new home construction.

I therefore agree that you and the other owners should combine resources and consult with one or more local attorneys about this. I am, nonetheless, skeptical that a legal remedy will be practical or more cost-effective than simply paying to replace the materials.

Back