HOA "rules" issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktosulli58

I received an unsigned letter on plain paper (no letterhead) in an envelope that did not have a name on it-just an address. This letter was from the HOA Vehicle Control Compliance in my condo complex concerning a parking issue. The problem is, the HOA parking rule in the letter is not the same parking rule in the HOA booklet I currently have a copy of.

Here is the info:

The letter states, "Our vehicle rules state that a vehicle assigned to any unit cannot be parked in the unassigned parking areas whenever there is not a vehicle in the carport belonging to that unit."

The HOA booklet I have states, "One vehicle must be parked in the assigned carport space and the second one is to be parked in one of the multi-space residence parking sections." ONLY!

I have not received a revision of any kind for this rule to date.

The letter continues to inform me the owner of the unit will be fined if I do not comply with this rule in the immediate future.

Facts: two cars are allowed for each unit. The two cars I own share one assigned and one unassigned space. Again, as far as I know, the rule has not changed since 2008. How should I approach the anonymous letter writer? It is my opinion anyone could have written this letter. What should I do?

Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back