HOA false accusations what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoaagainstme

Hello to all,
So basically we rent a condo with a HOA in Houston, Texas in Harris County and they sent my landlord a letter stating we have had excessive loud noise. The landlord and us have a good relationship, but they are relaying the message to us. We love the community but the neighbors are driving us crazy. It is very obvious to us that we are some of the youngest residents, surrounded by retirees.

The exact words are below:
EXCESSIVE LOUD NOISE
It was reported that you have excessive loud noise from you unit. Not only is this against the Association's "Rules & Regulations" but also City Code. Your immediate consideration will be greatly appreciated. (It was reported loud noises sounding like gun-shots were coming from this unit on July 18,2010. There have been reports of domestic violence also that is coming from this unit. This kind of behavior needs to stop immediately or legal action will be taken.

First off, the loud noise was my girlfriend who is on the lease pounded her fist on the wall because we had tiff. Mind you we are a very happy couple and maybe get in to an argument every few months if that. When we initially moved in a year and a half ago we had a argument and it got loud yelling, that was the first incident, the second incident happened last Sunday. It was a thirty min shouting match typically heated argument, and we both left the house to go to Target. While at target my landlord calls me telling me the ladies next door heard gunshots, which was my girlfriend pounding twice on the wall. After taking the suggestion from our landlord my girlfriend went and talked to our neighbor (60s-70s). She insisted she heard gun shots and my GF even invited them in to check it out, she didn't want to. She also told her that she thought i was hitting her which is false and that she shouldn't take it.

So a week goes by and our landlord swings by and tells us that if there is anymore complaints they can not rent to us even though they side with us. The last crazy thing is that the old ladies next door told our landlords when they came by that something happened last night, all we were doing was moving things and cleaning and then we had sex. Basically I feel that maybe because we are "younger (30s) and an interracial couple," they have beef with us. They said the ground shook like 6 times and we run up and down the stairs. They even told the landlord we were rushing around the house. We keep our place clean and we are self employed and sometime we are running late to our shop. So what if we are in a rush.

Our guard even knows there were no gun shots last week, when he came by. He even told us about another man living on our block that turned the tv up when he had ladies over and they would say her was causing problems.

My concern is that there are false reports of domestic violence, I feel that it is not right to label someone as an abuser and try to get them thrown out. How do i go about fighting this?

You can't fight a Nazi HOA.
You have to do whatever the Nazi HOA demands.
If the community is too old for you, you might want to move.

They're not going to stop.
So, the next move is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your a tenant so you are NOT a member of the corporation so you cannot fight it! A HOA is a corporation that can be dissolved by two-thirds of the members so the rules and the HOA can be dissolved. When you do eventually buy property or rent again make sure that there is no HOA (Houses Of Aristocrats)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back