HOA discrimination

OasisRain

Jurisdiction
Washington
we are renting a home in an HOA, in the last couple months or so the HOA has decided to send us letters about issues they feel go against their rules. They gave no specifics or details, simply quoted their rules and said we broke them, but not how exactly. We requested this information and any images as proof of whatever they say we are doing wrong but they seem to have ignored this request, only telling the home owner (our landlord) what the specific issues were. We fixed what she was able to tell us, though half of it was not even an issue at all. They keep telling her we left a car under a tarp in the driveway for a month, when it was only there a matter of days, which their rules allow, so i suspect they are lying to try to pin this accusation on us. even though our car is and has been running and in use now they are threatening to tow it. they also say the other issue was not fixed when it was weeks ago now. other houses are left much worse (breaking multiple rules) but certain houses are picked out, as confirmed by our neighbor home owner after a recent hoa meeting. so my question is what can i do to fight this? they keep lying to our landlord and trying to fine them while they ignore us.

My take on this is that your landlord has an agreement with the HOA. You have an agreement with your landlord. It is up to your landlord to take up any issues with the HOA.

Educate yourself as to the rules, then rigorously obey all of their rules or risk being evicted.

Back