HOA Covenants and Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickrockchic

State: Georgia

I have been living in my neighborhood since December. The neighborhood has been here for about 2 years and the last lot is being developed.

Very few people have been following the covenants and restrictions and there has not been a HOA up to this point to enforce them. The developer has never enforced them either.

I just read the covenants. I am not breaking any of them.

Here is my Question.

Once a HOA is established (apparently this will happen soon), will they be able to retroactively enforce the Covenants and Restrictions?

Thanks in Advance.

If there was no restriction then there was no restriction. To do so otherwise could deprive you of due process under the law. I would doubt this will happen and there will probably be exceptions for existing structures.

slickrockchic said:
State: Georgia

I have been living in my neighborhood since December. The neighborhood has been here for about 2 years and the last lot is being developed.

Very few people have been following the covenants and restrictions and there has not been a HOA up to this point to enforce them. The developer has never enforced them either.

I just read the covenants. I am not breaking any of them.

Here is my Question.

Once a HOA is established (apparently this will happen soon), will they be able to retroactively enforce the Covenants and Restrictions?

Thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back