Hit by a drunk driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

C623310

I was driving late this past Friday back to a movie theater, with my friend, to try to find my phone- I thought I had lost it there. We were going about 45, 50 mph in a 40-60 range in bad road conditions (and being from MN, I mean it when I say bad), and our exit was coming up in about 1/4 of a mile. I was in the right hand lane. I glanced down at my dashboard, then looked forward, then checked my rearview mirror and saw a pair of headlights right before the guy behind us crashed into us. The police ended up arresting him for DUI, but my car was totaled and had to be towed out of the center ditch of the highway (we spun across the left lane and into the ditch). He was going about 70 mph as well, and it looks like his car was totaled. The police dropped us off at my friend's place because it was closer- but then they talked me into going to the local ER. I came out okay, with some pretty bad contusion bruising and of course I'm still hurting all over 2, 3 days later. My friend went into the ER the next day to make sure she was okay- she was fine, just sore. My car was a used one bought from a local auction, and my only means of transportation. I was wondering how to proceed with all of this? I want to sue for a cost of another car, for the cost of tow and storage, maybe a bit more for injuries because I missed two days of work, and whatever else I can get. The guy didn't even seem remorseful, didn't ask if we were okay, and tried to pin him hitting us without even braking on my driving skills. Thanks.

There are people who don't really care if they will end up causing so much inconvenience to other people. Drunk driving related accidents can be prevented and imposing greater penalties on these drivers can help lessen the occurrence of these accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back