hit and run

Status
Not open for further replies.

chj914

I recently was told that I was being charged with a hit and run from rear ending someone and fleeing the scene. First off, I was no where near where this took place. I was on the opposite side of town at the time. When the police officer showed up at my home hours later I had a few beers and he could smell it on me. He said that someone followed me from the scene,to another bar and then home. He also said that he hd evidence linking me to the crime. I am on state parole. So I'm wondering why he didn't take ne to jail right there. He ran my name etc. My car was just recently in a small accident no biggie and it had front end damage before I bought it. As of right now I have no headlights BC I was fxing them for my inspection next month which I bought two days prior to this happening. And I'm assuming he thinks that damage is from the accident. The truck that I supposeabley hit was black in color and my car is red there is no black paint on my car and my my air bags never been deployed. So any help at all I would appreciate. I know I have to contact attorney but besides that what can I do and do they have a strongg case?

If someone is willing to testify that they followed you then you have some problems.
You weren't arrested because the officer didn't witness it, but you may have some problems if you get a conviction.
On the bright side, you may have avoided a DUI.

Yeah I guess. But isn't that just heresay? I mean they could have seen a car that looks like mine (a red mustang) they never took pictures of my car when they officer came to talk to me. He just said of I see you have some damage to your car and I said its prior damage.

Yeah I guess. But isn't that just heresay? I mean they could have seen a car that looks like mine (a red mustang) they never took pictures of my car when they officer came to talk to me. He just said of I see you have some damage to your car and I said its prior damage.

Good luck with THAT story, if a jury believes it, you'll get off. If a jury doesn't believe you, bye bye!!

The best advice I can give anyone, is you don't have to talk the the police.

But, by talking, you lock yourself into a story they can usually poke lots of holes in and use those holes to convict you.

Next time, there'll be a next time, just say, "I don't wish to talk with you, officer. I'm contacting my lawyer."

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back