Medical Malpractice hipaa violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteeyes01

I was honest with my doctor about my lifestyle because I figured if she was going to take care of me then she needed to know everything. I was off work for about 2 weeks & my work wanted her to fill out FMLA paperwork. I dropped off the papers with her to fill out. About 2 weeks later I get a letter saying my leave was tentatively declined because my doctor never did the paperwork. I called them to see what happened & they said they'd fix it. My doctor then calls work telling them I smoke pot. They tested me & I was fired. Can she do that?

I was honest with my doctor about my lifestyle because I figured if she was going to take care of me then she needed to know everything. I was off work for about 2 weeks & my work wanted her to fill out FMLA paperwork. I dropped off the papers with her to fill out. About 2 weeks later I get a letter saying my leave was tentatively declined because my doctor never did the paperwork. I called them to see what happened & they said they'd fix it. My doctor then calls work telling them I smoke pot. They tested me & I was fired. Can she do that?

Hmmm, pot addiction is not a medical condition.

No legitimate physician will be party to helping a pothead smoke pot.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you had a pot card.

People don't care.

You have no job, and you have no case.

You seeing a pattern here?

Agree & they can fire you for any reason not prohibited by law (ie religion, gender, race...) unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary. You can be fired even when FMLA applies if you would have been fired had FMLA not applied.

You can "try" applying for unemployment ins. (it never hurts to apply) - the state will decide if you receive it or not. You also need to look for other employment.

I'm not seeing anything to suggest that the poster had a "pot card". She's not indicated that her smoking pot was medically related. She clearly states that she discussed her "lifestyle choices" with her doctor. This indicates that her smoking pot is a lifestyle choice, not relief for a medical condition.

Besides, her state is not one of the states that has legalized medical marijuana, anyway.

My post above was agreeing with cbg - no HIPAA violation - army judge's post was not there yet when I started mine but he got his submitted off first. (typing at same time) Also agree with cbg's post above - sounds from post like a lifestyle thing.

I'm not seeing anything to suggest that the poster had a "pot card". She's not indicated that her smoking pot was medically related. She clearly states that she discussed her "lifestyle choices" with her doctor. This indicates that her smoking pot is a lifestyle choice, not relief for a medical condition.

Besides, her state is not one of the states that has legalized medical marijuana, anyway.

I was simply being generous.

People believe those pot cards can work miracles.

Pot card, no pot card, no job....same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back