High Insurance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nufella

In August of 2008, I was found guilty for "failing to move over..." I was fined $794 and given 6 months probation. I'm all paid up. However, had I realized then what was at stake, I would have asked for legal representatioin. I took my chances that a first offense would get me just a warning. The officer that stopped me was in a vehicle that I mistook for a regular motorist assisting another motorist. I DID NOT SEE any emergency lights-only hazzard lights flashing. I told the judge this but it carried no weight. Also, the officer was in his car about to pull off when I passed him doing about 40mph. That, plus other evidence I thought was convencing enough for aquittal but it was not.

I want to appeal the decision because of higher insurance rates now. And, they charged me $5 for a photo that I never took.
I live in Savannah, Ga and the 'trap' was set in a wee wee town in middle Ga.

Appeal or No Appeal...?

Thank you

I don't see what grounds you have for appeal. Sounds like you made a tactical error in not getting representation. But sure, go for it.

You might try posting this in the autos/traffic/tickets forum. That's really what this is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back