Hi, I received Notice of seizure and the administrative forfeiture proceedings.

Ami mo

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hi,
I received Notice of seizure and the administrative forfeiture proceedings. I do not want to file a claim or petition. what would happen if my property (bank account) is forfeited, although I am ok even if they forfeit my bank account.my question is what would be the next step from their side or after being forfeited? thanks in advance

Hi,
I received Notice of seizure and the administrative forfeiture proceedings. I do not want to file a claim or petition. what would happen if my property (bank account) is forfeited, although I am ok even if they forfeit my bank account.my question is what would be the next step from their side or after being forfeited? thanks in advance

I know nothing about who is taking the account and why nor do I know any background of what lead up to this. But if I guess that this is a creditor collecting on a judgment for money owed to it then if the bank account does not have enough money to satisfy the judgment then the creditor will look for other assets of yours it can grab to pay off what you owe.

I know nothing about who is taking the account and why nor do I know any background of what lead up to this. But if I guess that this is a creditor collecting on a judgment for money owed to it then if the bank account does not have enough money to satisfy the judgment then the creditor will look for other assets of yours it can grab to pay off what you owe.

Thanks for your reply. I received this notice by United states postal Inspection service.(Asset forfeiture unit)

Thanks for your reply. I received this notice by United states postal Inspection service.(Asset forfeiture unit)

I'll take the bait.

Postal Inspectors do possess law enforcement authority.

Were you sued in federal court?

Do you owe money to the USPS?

Why do YOU think your assets (as in bank account) were seized?

Were you operating a business using the USPS?

That doesn't make sense.

Did you commit a crime that is resulting in asset forfeiture?

Or is this a civil matter regarding an unpaid debt.

Are you sure you aren't being scammed or got some sort of BS letter from a collection agency?

You'll have to do better explaining what's happening.

I'll take the bait.

Postal Inspectors do possess law enforcement authority.

Were you sued in federal court?

Do you owe money to the USPS?

Why do YOU think your assets (as in bank account) were seized?

Were you operating a business using the USPS?

Thank you for your reply. Let me give you background on my case.

I was expecting some money from my home country to be deposited into my bank account. However,the money I was expecting was deposited correctly and was all good about it.

After 4 months, US postal inspector showed up to my house mentioning that deposited money is stolen money from one of the old lady in USA which I was totally unaware.

(After inspectors left, I researched and call to the bank people and they told it was deposited via Cashiers check and moreover I think some fraud or scammer or that old lady has deposited in-person with the bank slip and the cashiers check with my name into my bank account.
I never deposited any kind of check in many years.

Later I learnt more and I believe nowadays lot of scammers use IRS name and ask innocent people to deposit money in some form.May be this is what happened in my case.

I also think that old lady might have deposited into my bank account having the same amount in fear (just guessing) or some scammer.(I still dont know, no one is disclosing, I asked many times to the bank people too)

This is how it started, two months ago, they seized my same bank account forfeiting $6000 which is OK. I am OK to give back the same amount that old lady has lost because of me.

Now,two weeks ago, I received this "Notice of seizure and initiation of administrative forfeiture proceedings".It says I have 30 days to file a claim or petition to get this seizure back.

But I do NOT want to file a claim. I dont want to go to court trial or etc. Let the US postal inspectors or the government forfeit my money. I am OK with that.

My question is what happens if i do not file a claim ? would my case be resolved after the government forfeits this seized money?

I just want to get this case resolved. I have no role in this, just became an victim.

That doesn't make sense.

Are you sure you aren't being scammed or got some sort of BS letter from a collection agency?

thank you. Here is my case :

I was expecting some money from my home country to be deposited into my bank account. However,the money I was expecting was deposited correctly and was all good about it.

After 4 months, US postal inspector showed up to my house mentioning that deposited money is stolen money from one of the old lady in USA which I was totally unaware.

(After inspectors left, I researched and call to the bank people and they told it was deposited via Cashiers check and moreover I think some fraud or scammer or that old lady has deposited in-person with the bank slip and the cashiers check with my name into my bank account.

Later I learnt more and I believe nowadays lot of scammers use IRS name and ask innocent people to deposit money in some form.May be this is what happened in my case.

I also think that old lady might have deposited into my bank account having the same amount in fear (just guessing) or some scammer.(I still dont know, no one is disclosing, I asked many times to the bank people too)

This is how it started, two months ago, they seized my same bank account forfeiting $6000 which is OK. I am OK to give back the same amount that old lady has lost because of me.

Now,two weeks ago, I received this "Notice of seizure and initiation of administrative forfeiture proceedings".It says I have 30 days to file a claim or petition to get this seizure back.

But I do NOT want to file a claim. I dont want to go to court trial or etc. Let the US postal inspectors or the government forfeit my money. I am OK with that.

My question is what happens if i do not file a claim ? would my case be resolved after the government forfeits this seized money?

I just want to get this case resolved. I have no role in this, just became an victim.

That doesn't make sense.

So some stranger just decided to deposit money into your account that was stolen from someone and the amount of the deposit exactly matched what you were expecting from your home country?

Sorry, that makes no sense.

And please stop posting the same thing three times.

So some stranger just decided to deposit money into your account that was stolen from someone and the amount of the deposit exactly matched what you were expecting from your home country?

Sorry, that makes no sense.

And please stop posting the same thing three times.
I agree. What makes more sense is that our poster is part of a scam and he was caught. The first step was freezing the account while the criminal investigation is done. OP should talk to a criminal defense attorney...ASAP.

If you don't file a claim you don't get the money back. If you are ok with that then you don't need to do anything.

Whether other legal problems arise for you out of this aside from the forfeiture is another matter.

You might want to consult an attorney in your state just so you know where things stand and what might happen going forward.

I agree. What makes more sense is that our poster is part of a scam and he was caught. The first step was freezing the account while the criminal investigation is done. OP should talk to a criminal defense attorney...ASAP.

I apologize for posting three times. I am pretty sure that money exchange firm back home is the real culprit. My sister went there first to transfer the money to be sent here. Those fraud people are part of real scam chains and revealed my account/routing number to their linked chains. That fraud firm got my sister money too and gave her fake forgery bank of america receipt showing money is deposited in my USA bank account and all this got me stuck here..

The total transaction of fraud happened is $12000. Also after 3 days of the seizure, my bank account currently is in normal active state.I realized all this above stated after postal inspectors showed up.

The total transaction of fraud happened is $12000. Also after 3 days of the seizure, my bank account currently is in normal active state.I realized all this above stated after postal inspectors showed up.

Until the nest shoe drops, I suggest you stop discussing this.

If the police, FBI, US Attorney, or postal inspectors arrest you, or wish to talk to you; I suggets you simply say, "Sorry, I want a lawyer."

Then no matter what is said or done, keep saying, "Sorry, I want a lawyer."

While you wait for the next shoe to drop, you might be wise to speak to at least THREE criminal defense attorneys who are qualified to practice (and have practiced) in federal court.

By posting anything on the internet, you allow federal law enforcement and the US Attorney to read things that could potentially harm you!

You have the RIGHT to remain silent, I suggest you invoke that RIGHT immediately!

Back