help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny28

my frist husband told me we were divorced/anullment but i did not sign any divorce papers or anullment papers with him i was liveing in ny at the time when he suposely filed for it, it been 10 year since i ve last saw him and then i got remarried in 03
i took my frist husband word that we were divorced/anullment he gave me a date the month and year it happen recently i call him in ny and i told him that i got remarried and i wanted a copy of the divorce paper which he failed to send me.
one day i was talking to him and he said we were still married
so is my 2nd marriage legal! and i am i still married to my frist husband.

i called the court house to get a copy of my frist marriage cert and they said there isnt no marriage cert.

help clueless

please reply back to me at jennysparkles4u@yahoo.com

today i called the court house to get a copy of my frist marriage certifate they said they didnt have a record of the marriage, but they had a record my 2nd marriage.
so is my frist marriage anulled or did it even take place.

the reason i am asking this is because if it wasnt anulled and did take place then is my 2nd marriage legal?

help clueless
:p

Where did you get married the first time? I would think it would have been filed in that county (clerk's office) or state. Is there anyone like the minister or church you could contact?

Good Luck.

hi

well i found my frist marriage cert, they still have it
there s no record of a divorce in florida or anullment, my preist at my church called florida and ask them for copy of the marriage cert and divorce papers and they said there no proof of a divorced that they were going on my word. i found out im not divorced from my frist husband and my 2nd marriage isnt legal and they told the priest that if i dont remarry again then i wont get in trouble with the law. i guess there taken my 2nd marriage out of the records. all i know is i was innocent person that believed a lie and i got remarried on my frist husband word, but im glad im not in trouble with the law that they understood.
i think i know who called florida and told them this i think it was my 2nd husband because i recently told him our marriage wasnt legal and that we were never married and there was no need for a divorced.
i think he called down there and told them what i told him.

but at least im not in jail or been charged with bigmy and that they know i was innocent person that believed a lie.

now how do i go about divorceing my frist husband it been 11 since i ve saw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back