help

Status
Not open for further replies.

onedergirl07

i really don't know what to do about this situation but here it is.. my mother is 81.. a few years ago i got sick and my uncle took over power of attorney.. i am better now and i reclaimed poa.. in the time that he was poa, he supposedly had work done to her house.. i'm not even sure these people were licensed.. i reclaimed poa and found out that most of the money he spent , he wrote checks to himself.. the central heating unit that was installed between april and june of 2006 was done very poorly according to licensed contractors.. there are a lot of hazards that were created with this system.. carbon monoxide, water damage.. they said it was very poorly done and stuff is everywhere in the attic and there is no insulation in the attic at all.. my uncle wrote the checks to himself.. my mom will have to have this work corrected but has no more money to do it with.. i'm quite sure my uncle has no receipts if any on the work he did.. not to mention he took out a annuity and made himself joint owner with my mom(it's my mom's money) and if anything happens to my mom, he gets everything... but she has children that need the money too and my mom needs it too but he won't sign off on it like the banker said he would have to do.. he kept lying to my mother saying it's locked in for 7 years.. but the bank says they can still cash it in but with a penalty.. not only that , he was paying his bills out of my moms bank account.. i really don't know how to help my mom now.. about the house, who do i contact.. i am very worried about the health hazards among other things.. i believe he should pay back every cent he spent cause he knew what he was doing and she trusted him to do the right thing but neither of us knew that he scammed her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back