Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlloyd1975

What is the name of your state? California is where the court is
I live in Tennessee

Divorce default Feb 2005 & custody/visitation order: mother full custody and father reasonable visitation. It is now 03/07, the mother will not let the kids come visit me. I have visited for their birthdays but with visitation restricted to her house only. I was in phone contact until 03/09/07. For 2 wks I have called between 7-9pm no one answers. I have left messages. The mother says she will not let them come see me until I pay child support, but as far as I knew their was none. I told her to send me proof she never did. I didn't get proof until I tried to visit in 10/06 and went to court house to get the final divorce paperwork. But I did inform her that I would help by paying any bills needed paid or if the kids needed anything I would mail it to them. I have been trying to get my kids to come stay with me even for two weeks in the summer time since 2004. I need to do something so my kids don't think I abandon them. What forms do I fill out to at least get temporarily custody/visitation changed so I can call them and see them. PLEASE HELP! My rights are being frustrated.

and father reasonable visitation
In NC where I live this is not acceptable in custody agreement - b\c at this point you could say she's violating the court order by not being "reasonable" - you need to know SPECIFICALLY what the document says about YOUR visitation and what the law allows in Ca.

As far as Ca. law I cant help you - I only know about this in NC as my attorney informed me of this specificly last week on that precise term.

You need to file contempt charges out of the CA court. It does not help that you live so far away in TN. Until you take mom back to court, she can get away with this.

How come there was no order of support?> Child support and visitation are entirely diffferent ayways so if you have specific visitation times scheduled with mom, you can file contempt. An attorney can bet guide you on how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back