1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Help with replying to Trademark Examiner

Discussion in 'Copyright, Trademark, Patent Law' started by chrisjchrisj, Nov 27, 2017.

1. chrisjchrisj

chrisjchrisj Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    California
    I have applied for a US trademark and received a reply from the examiner stating, essentially,
    that the specimen doesn't show the mark associated with the services claimed in applicant’s identification, the specimen shows a website allowing users to upload media for entertainment purposes, but the applicant’s identification outlines a website allowing that function but for business purposes.

So, does this mean I need to reply with a new classification?

Also, if I reply with a different classification and the examiner doesn't think it's correct again, what happens next?

Is there a cost every time I submit a response?

Thanks, I look forward to being enlightened

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

The first paragraph of your post -- to the extent I can understand it -- suggests that you should be seeking a patent, not a trademark.

I strongly suggest you confer with a local intellectual property attorney because the only you're going to get this figured out is for a knowledgeable attorney to review exactly what it is you're doing and the documents you have submitted so far.

3. chrisjchrisj

chrisjchrisj Law Topic Starter New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    The trademark is for a service mark.
    Any other replies/help will be appreciated.