Help with debt collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgrace101

About 4 years ago I opened a bank account with Bank of America and I also got a credit card from them with a credit limit of $800. I ended up spending almost $780. And then I became sick and couldn't work, so therefore I couldn't pay my bill. I haven't heard anything about the bill since then. Then the other night i get a phone call from a debt collector. He told me that I owed $2660 and that I had to pay him that night or I would be sued. The phone conversation took place at 7pm. I was terrified because I knew that I couldn't afford that all at once. This is also the only thing on my credit. The debt colletor procced to yell at me and tell me that I couldn't make payments and that I was just going to be sued. I even offered to give him half of the money down now. Then I asked him if I could call him back so that I could call my father and he refused and told me that he thought that by now I would have already "gone to daddy to bail me out." i have never had a person talk to me the way this guy did. He kept reinforcing that I had to pay him that night. Finally I told him that I would call him the next day. Oh and when I asked him what the balance was on the account before all the extra fees he told me that he didn't know and that I probably had a credit limit of $1000.

Then two days later he called me again. So when I talked to them, I ended up on the phone with the manager. After I asked him to mail me all the documents that they had on my account I started to ask him to quit calling me and to correspond with me through the mail and he cut me off. The manager procced to tell me that I owed them money and that they would not quit calling me just because I asked. Now I don't know what to do or where to go from here? Someone please help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back