help speeding ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax171

i am 16 i have my junior license since Dec 23, 2003, i will have my full license in July 2004. i got a speeding ticket in april 2004, 68, in a 30, the officer gave me 3 tickets, one for speeding one for restricted license, one for backseat passenger under sixteen no seatbelt. I sent the tickets bakc not guilty and asked for a supporting deposition. i got the supporting depositions today. Can anyone tell me what is going to happen, how long will my license get suspended for. and should i get a lawyer. The tickets were issued in the village of garden city, ny help

New York Speeding Tickets

i am 16 i have my junior license since Dec 23, 2003, i will have my full license in July 2004. i got a speeding ticket in april 2004, 68, in a 30, the officer gave me 3 tickets, one for speeding one for restricted license, one for backseat passenger under sixteen no seatbelt. I sent the tickets bakc not guilty and asked for a supporting deposition. i got the supporting depositions today. Can anyone tell me what is going to happen, how long will my license get suspended for. and should i get a lawyer. The tickets were issued in the village of garden city, ny help

The first thing you need to do is to tell your parents. This is a serious offense and will drastically increase their insurance premiums. It is also possible that you may be excluded completely from the insurance which means that you will not be driving for some time.

I am not completely familar with New York speeding ticket laws, especially concerning teenagers. At the least you should consult with an attorney to see if you have any options. There is an attorney search link on this site. If no one is listed in your area send me an email and I can provide some more resources if you do not already have a family attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back