help please

R

rayo1979

Jurisdiction
Washington
my uncle sold me a car trailer years ago I've been fixing it and putting LED light kits on it new axles new decking the thing was just garbage when I got it he gave me the title and signed it and dated itand when he found out that I was going to transfer the title even though this was years later I went to the courthouse and found out he filed for lost title which voided my title is what the Department of Licensing she said I couldn't transfer it into my name because he filed for lost titleshe said all I could do was call the sheriff and the sheriff didn't do anything what should I do now he even turned in the online sellers report showing that he sold it to mehe has since stolen the trailer from my house I again had the sheriff show up and they said it's his trailer not mine even though they saw the paperwork

when I got it he gave me the title and signed it and dated it

So why didn't you go transfer the title back then?

what should I do now

The only thing you can do is sue him in small claims court for the amount you paid for the trailer and the money you put into fixing it up.

Next time somebody hands you a properly executed title, get your butt down to the DMV and get it transferred into your name.

Lesson learned the hard way.

At one time in this great country what the uncle did had a name.
Today, however, I dare not use the name I was taught to call such behavior as a lad on the playground.

Let's say Jimmy GAVE Sammy a "boulder" because Sammy fixed his bike.

Next day comes, Jimmy snatched the "boulder" as Sammy was abut to shoot in the circle.
That name we can no longer use, because certain sensibilities are damaged.
So,me even say using such an expression is racist, yet other terms are acceptable.
Sadly, we have unofficial speech police, behavior police, and demeanor police.
Heck, there are others to numerous to list.

My wonderful, beautiful, once free country; what have they done to you?
I loved you just the way you were, not the creature they've made you become.
Thousands have died to to protect you, build you, defend you, and I no longer recognize you.
o_O :eek: :mad: :confused:

That name we can no longer use, because certain sensibilities are damaged.
So,me even say using such an expression is racist,

The term you refer to should more aptly be applied to the settlers who invaded the lands of the native population and herded them on to reservations while giving with one hand and taking back with the other.

The term you refer to should more aptly be applied to the settlers who invaded the lands of the native population and herded them on to reservations while giving with one hand and taking back with the other.

Ahh, an old African proverb goes: The story of the hunt would be different if the lion told it, rather than the hunter.

Those settlers couldn't give what they didn't own, however.
They stole it.
As 25% Pottawattami, I know the story well, told to me by my grandfather.

Back