1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

help please!

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by lexisbabiix3, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexisbabiix3

    lexisbabiix3 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hi! My name is Alexis and I have a question. I have been wanting to change my name for awhile now but my mom has not had the time to do it. (I'm 15). Well a woman I know said that she changed her sons' last name to her last name but it wasn't legal. She said that her last name was on his school records and registrations but it was under an "also known as" name, not a legal name. Well I was wondering since I won't be able to change my name any time soon, how would I be able to do that? (have it as an also known as name) Is there any way I can request it at my school or something?

    I'd greatly appreciate your help! Thanks for your time.:)


Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.